Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The New Term.



We have finally got into the swing of things - starting up the engine takes some time after such a wonderful holiday. The language centre is so dynamic and the reason I say that is because there are always new students to change the group dynamics and the timetable is always changing. The teacher trainers are getting ready for the tefl course, which will be held in June. Tefl is a monster of a course, definitely not for the faint hearted and I'm not trying to deter any potential students. Tefl is a life changing experience. Having been on the teacher trainer team, I bear testimony as a witness to the amazing growth that . . . just happens. Quite amazing. I think what is difficult about tefl is the paradigm shift, students need to adjust and there is no time - one month is very short. But in the end our students come out of the experience more solid people.

I'd like to welcome Daniel from Columbia and Bibi from the DRC. I hope your stay at the language centre is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment